This is the perfect tour to stroll around the Douro Valley Wine region off the beaten path.
We will pick you up in your accommodation and take you to Régua, from where we will start this amazing tour.
This region has been shaped by human action since the roman times and in 1756 became one of the first regulated and demarcated wine regions in the world by the hand of “Marquês de Pombal” one of the most important figures in the history of Portugal. On the year of 2001, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Aboard a 4×4 vehicle, you will be crossing the mountains through the vines. For lunch, you can either have a picnic in a place with superb views or have lunch at region’s Estate, you choose. Make sure that you take your time to appreciate the twists and turns of this sinuous river and to understand a little better the traditions and rituals of the locals.
During the afternoon you will have the opportunity to do a Port Wine Tasting in a typical Douro “Quinta” and learn a bit more about Port Wine and its qualities.
By going deep inside the vineyards you will be able to feel all the intensity of this magical place, there are no doubts that this is a great way to know the Douro Valley – UNESCO World Heritage Site!
Take a Detour!
- Visit a Port Wine “Quinta”
- An adventurous ride through Douro’s backroads on a 4×4 jeep
- Landscapes of the Douro Valley—a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Insightful commentary on the region’s traditions & culture
- The chance to visit an authentic vineyard with port tasting
- Meet local wine industry experts
- Enjoy a traditional picnic lunch at a scenic location or a lunch at a region’s Estate
- Get off the beaten path and escape the crowds
- Small Group tour
Portuguese, English, French, Spanish
Nº of people
Minimum: 2 | Maximum: 4
Hotel pickup (Oporto)
(1 General Rating)