Get to know best Alentejo gastronomy.
A place? A kitchen in Monte do Serrado de Baixo, with about 200 years old. This is the ideal environment for our food program, a traditional Alentejo cooking class! Come find the secrets of our cuisine! Let’s cook and taste!
After a good night sleep and a marvellous breakfast, we start our tour by Jeep to the dairy of Herdade da Amendoeira, near Arraiolos, where you’ll learn how this delicacy is produced. In this estate, you still can visit a distillery.
The next stop is at Herdade da Ravasqueira, a famous wine estate, where you can visit a Carriage Museum and do a wine tasting. If you want, you can have a picnic here (not included on price).
Then, in Arraiolos we’ll visit the historic centre and a Tapestry Museum. We will stop here for lunch (not included). Our guide can give you some restaurant suggestions for all price ranges. We also suggest that you taste the wonderful "Pastéis de toucinho".
After lunch, we will visit the Castle of Arraiolos, dating from 1305, one of the few in the world with circular architecture, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy fabulous views.
The tour ends in Aldeia da Terra, a humoristic typical Alentejo village, built in clay with all the arts and crafts of this region.
- 2-Day tour through Alentejo, starting on Lisbon;
- Accommodation at Monte do Serrado de Baixo with buffet breakfast;
- Alentejo cooking class;
- Visit to the Herdade da Amendoeira, near Arraiolos;
- Visit to Herdade da Ravasqueira, passing through the Carriage Museum, winery with wine tasting in the end;
- Visit to Arraiolos historic centre with visit to the Tapestry museum;
- Visit to Aldeia da Terra.
Nº of people
Minimum: 2 | Maximum: 10
Quinta Do Serrado, Sr. Dos Aflitos, 7000-173 Évora