Classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 2004, the Pico Wine Protected Landscape takes us to the extreme of the views of excellence!
It is amazing how this wine, that grows in volcanic soil exhibit unique characteristics.
Come and enjoy this exceptional experience, where you can walk in a Vinhas da Criação Velha, which is the biggest example of this art, that divides the land. These vines growing in lava floor with stone tight walls, named “currais” or “curraletas”, which protect them from the sea wind, but let in the necessary sun for their maturation.
In this wine tour, we will visit Museu do Vinho (wine museum), as well as enjoy a wine tasting in Cooperativa Vitivinícola da Ilha do Pico. We will also visit the regions of Cachorro, Lajido, and Buraca, and in addition, you will lunch in a typical Madeira restaurant.
Come to know this island and the wines of the highest point in Portugal, with 2.351 meters of altitude, and one of the "7 Wonders of Portugal"!
- 7-Hour tour through the Vineyards landscape classified as Human Heritage by UNESCO;
- Walking trail at Criação Velha vineyards;
- Visit to the Wine Museum;
- Wine tasting at the Wine Cooperative;
- Visit the typical coastal áreas of Cachorro and Lajido;
- Visit Buraca;
- Lunch at a typical restaurant.
Portuguese, English, French, Spanish
Nº of people
Minimum: 2 | Maximum: 8
Hotel pick up, Gare Marítima or Aeroport