Herdade da Malhadinha Nova Country House & Spa is a typical Alentejo family estate situated in Albernôa, a small village in the heart of 'Baixo' Alentejo. It is a place of freedom and endless horizons, where great quality wines are produced and animals live in total harmony with nature.
Herdade da Malhadinha Nova Country House & Spa, it is perfectly mixed with Alentejo’s landscaping, where innovation and tradition live in harmony.
With its innovative concept in Portugal, Malhadinha have thematic experiences, where wine and gastronomy play a key role. In the winery building, the restaurant completes the experience by offering signature cuisine, inspired by typical Alentejo dishes, recreated by a Michelin-starred Chef.
In this 6 days and 5 nights program, in double room, feel up close the dedication, the passion and the magic of our harvest. A unique experience to intensively follow the entire process of Malhadinha's wines.
Feel up close the dedication, the passion and the magic of our hospitality!
Day 1 – Welcome Drink
- Arrival at Herdade da Malhadinha Nova accompanied by a welcome drink with one of the Estate's wines;
- Delivery of the harvest kit;
- Visit to the property in our vintage 4x4. Take advantage and get to know the organic practices of our viticulture team and enjoy the vast landscape that the Alentejo offers you;
- Themed dinner - Taste a themed menu with only certified products from the region, accompanied with a vertical tasting of Monte da Peceguina, which will pair with each dish presented.
Day 2 – Harvest Expert Experience
- Harvest Experience – the Experience start in the early morning at 4 o’clock, with the manual harvesting of our grapes.
- Feel the first aromas and enjoy a breakfast full of fruits, jams and natural juices, joined by a wide selection of national and international cheeses.
- Light Lunch – A selection of salads paired with the freshness of Viognier da Peceguina.
- Wine Therapy Couple Massage by the Vineyards by Caudalie – relax in the Nature’s tranquillity and feel the rejuvenating power of our grapes.
- Start your dinner with Monte da Peceguina Rosé paired with a surprise amuse bouche;
- Harvesting menu dinner – The Chef will prepare a menu inspired by this morning's activity, accompanied by a selection of Monte da Peceguina monovarietals.
Day 3 – Thematic Dinner
- Breakfast amongst Malhadinha’s vineyard – appreciate Malhadinha landscape while you delight in the Chef’s delicacies, without forgetting the fresh fruit from the season, our grapes.
- Quad bike ride followed by a blind tasting of white varieties amongst Nature – Test your knowledge!
- Lunch – The meats produced in our Estate, the certified animals and raised in extensive, will serve as your lunch’s motto – Black Pork Fang and Alentejo DOP Meat Tartarus paired with Malhadinha red.
- At the winery, partake with our Team in the traditional foot pressing – an experience you won’t forget.
- Thematic Dinner – Vitalina Santos, our Traditional Cook, will develop a menu inspired by Alentejo Traditional Recipes. The most emblematic Red Varieties of Malhadinha, Touriga Nacional and Aragonês will harmonize with every dish presented.
- Night Orientation – Torches at hand in one Alentejo’s plains, find with the stars and our GPS how to get back to your lodging – Admire Alentejo’s night, always in the company of our guide.
Day 4 – Cooking Workshop
- Taste a special breakfast and enjoy the best combination for great start of day.
- Cooking Workshop – Learn with our Kitchen Team how to prepare a delicious Sabayone of Touriga Nacional, to top with a Light Menu that our Chef will prepare for your lunch.
- At the winery, develop with the winemaker an allotment of wine: choose your favourite varieties and learn its features in order to combine them for the perfect wine.
- Thematic Dinner – the Chef prepares a menu to pair with a Vertical Tasting of Malhadinha’s many years.
Day 5 – Hot Air Balloon Experience
- Hot air balloon experience – See dawning in the Alentejo plains like you never seen before and feel the serenity of Europe’s least populated region. At the end enjoy a breakfast filled with treats from our Kitchen Team (Not included).
- Healthy lunch prepared with refinement by our Kitchen Team with Malhadinha’s fruits and vegetables.
- Partake in choosing the grapes, at the Winery – Feel the wrap and bustle during the grape choosing after the harvest.
- Must tasting – With our Winemaking team learn to taste the must first hand, and learn which additions to operate during the winemaking process.
- Special Bath at the Wine Therapy Room – Relax at the end of the day, in the comfort of your room with a bath prepared specially for you.
- Dinner at the Winery Restaurant – The Kitchen Team will accompany you in a trip of aromas and flavours.
Day 6 – Ride Through the Vineyards
- Wake up to the crusty homemade bread and enjoy the breakfast, the fresh fruit, the jams and natural juices.
- Ride through the vineyards, get to know the various verities through the leaves’ defining features, take one of each as a souvenir. At the end, enjoy a picknick by the vineyard, prepared with the refinement by our team of Chefs – A moment of tasting and discovery of aromas in the midst of the Alentejo scenery.
- Late Check-out.
Portuguese, English, Spanish
Nº of people
Minimum: 1 | Maximum: 2
Albernoa, 7800-601, Beja