"The best way to know a country is by learning about its gastronomy. You will love Portugal at “first bite”!"
In this self-drive tour for 2 people, we invite you to know North and Douro region of Portugal, in 5 days.
If food and wine are part of your interests, then search no further! Portugal is a gastronomy wonder. We have the perfect program for you to indulge the very best of the Portuguese cuisine, and even better, to learn it!
This experience takes place in the North & Douro areas of Portugal, where you will indulge the beauty of the Douro vineyards slopes, the charms of the small rustic village of Penafiel as well as the historical & glamorous Porto city.
The hotels for the tour: 2 nights at 1872 River House (Porto); 2 nights at Solar Egas Moniz (Penafiel) and 1 night at Quinta do Vallado (Peso da Régua).
Besides the charming hotels you will also experience a typical Portuguese gastronomy workshop where afterwards you will eat the epic feast that you have just made (can be for lunch or dinner). And you will also do a visit to a wine cellar with wine tasting at Quinta do Vallado and a typical Portuguese dinner for two (you can choose to have dinner in Solar Egas Moniz or Quinta do Vallado).
What else? Just come along and enjoy a real Portuguese gastronomy vacation!
What is included in this 5-day self-drive tour:
- 5 nights’ accommodation with breakfast for two in a double room;
- Car Hire for 3 or 5 days, arranged through Europcar (pick up and dropoff at airport or other Europcar point);
- A typical Portuguese Cooking Workshop for two (at Quinta do Vallado and afterwards you eat the epic feast that you have just made);
- A traditional dinner for two including a starter, main dish and dessert at Solar Egas Moniz (drinks are not included);
- A wine tasting and cellar visit experience (at Quinta do Vallado);
- A wine tasting and cellar visit experience (at Quinta da Aveleda);
- A vintage food tour with Taste Porto;
- A booklet of your trip with inside tips for unforgettable memories and local experiences.
Portuguese, English, Spanish
Nº of people
Oporto Airoport / Europcar Point